Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, March 13, 2006

3-4 weeks paid leave...or possible redundancy...who knows?

So had a meeting with the new owners at work on Wednesday and don't really know any more now than I did this time last week!

We (the remaining full time staff - all 5 of us!) arrived at work for the 11am meeting and it felt SO weird. We were all shown through into the bar area & asked to wait while the new people finished another meeting that had run over. So there we are sat in a building we normally make other people feel comfortable in feeling so UNconfortable! They didn't even offer us a coffee while we waited! (o BTW for anyone who doesn't know - I work as a chef in a gastro pub/bistro place!) So eventually we all move through to the restaurant to meet the Newbies. They introduced themselves (didn't bother asking us who was who but there we go!) and then their legal person basically told us that they were going to shut for 3-4 weeks to carry out a refurb & a full business review including staffing levels. We are gonna be paid for the time that they're closed but hell, we may just be redundant as they're going to write to us to let us know! Talk about putting our minds at rest ... not!

So now I'm just waiting for a letter telling me what's happening...should I be job hunting or just enjoying having a few weeks to my self?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Sorry, but the not knowing is so bloody frustrating!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home