Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, December 18, 2006

50 weeks down, two weeks to go.

Here we are at the end of the second week in December, well on our way to Christmas and not far off 2007.

Since getting home from Newcastle I have been back at work doing jack shit as per usual. I have to say that for a company of its size and stature EDF would have difficulty organising a piss up in a brewery. So thats work pretty much summed up then! Well apart from the fact that I have finally got my own official desk - yay for me! I am on a pod with Glenn, Steve T, Maria, Paul & Gareth so feel abit out on a limb but its a desk all the same. We had bacon & sausage bagettes for breakfast to 'celebrate' out new desks! As it is the festive season too we have been decorating the desks and I took charge of decorating our pod with tinsel & a mini tree (Maria supplied the lights & chocolates - Go Maria!) I also have a little reindeer family & two Father Christmas card holders - what can I say, I like Christmas! Oh, I also have something of a Winnie the Pooh collection building on my desk, well more Tigger (with a sprinkling of Eeyore) but still they are all from the same Disney family. I have my Tigger mug, glass & toy, Eeyore toy & Hundred Acre Wood mouse mat....no, seriously I AM 23! We had our team Christmas meal in the work restaurant on Friday which was quite good. Certainly good value at £2.50 for three courses! Obviously it is not Gordon Ramsey but it was nice enough and you really have no right to complain at that price.

John & I have had a hectic couple of weeks. We have been to the cinema twice; on the 6th to see Little Children which was complete trash but we did get free Tia Maria and again on the 14th to see Pans Labyrinth which is brilliant. You know the score now, head to John & TA - Doing Stuff for details.

We also had a trip up to Cribbs Causeway on Saturday. We did question if we were mad going up so close to Christmas but we set off early to avoid traffic and that seemed to work. We arrived at about 9ish and had a coffee before some highly stratigic browsing, working from one end of the centre to the other on each floor before lunch. After lunch we set about shopping with purpose! Got some great gifts and one or two bits for myself. When we left the shops at about 4pm (I know - how long were we in there?!) we made a quick pitstop at the entertainment part of Patchway to see if the Prestige was on at the UCI Cinema there but we were out of luck so we made our way back towards home.

As we came up to Taunton I decided to take a detour to check the cinema there for the Prestige. I managed to get lost multiple times trying to get into and out of the cinema complex carpark area and it was all for nothing since the film wasn't on there either! We stopped off at the Beefeater at Countess Wear for food on the way home. It was a really good, albeit long, day and I really enjoyed it.

Other than that its been all work, same old same old. O well, soon be Christmas....

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

And M & S tried to swindle me - al sorted now - I have my box of biscuits! More importanlty, my shopping is complete! Ho Ho Ho...

18/12/06 7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home