Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

So the rest of October sucked!


Wow, this updating lark is going to be so easy; between the MB Convention and Bonfire night I did basically NOTHING!

The weekend following the convention was pretty lazy, spent a whole lot of time doing a whole lot of nowt. I did venture into town on Sunday morning but otherwise...nope, did
sweet F.A. Oh, hang on - I did buy a gorgeous dress off of Ebay. Its a Monsoon dress, both me and Courts had seen it in the store. We both totally loved it but neither of us was going to part with £160 just for a dress so we left it. Then, there is was on Ebay! Worm once and being sold with a necklace and shawl/scarf thingy in with it. Mum agreed she would spend £80 on a Leavers Ball dress for Courts and I would spend £40 on a dress anyways so we put in a bid of £120 then I thought better of it and increased the bid to a massive £120.01! Now you may laugh and wonder what bloody difference 1p is going to make but let me tell you, up until about an hour before the auction finished we were winning at somewhere around £75 then there was a flurry and in the last 2 minutes suddenly the bids shot in but we were victorious. The winning bid? £120.01!!! It arrived quickly and is indeed stunning. I am intending to wear it to the work Christmas meal on the 21st December so I shall hopefully remember to get a picture of me in a dress this time!

After my lazy weekend I was full of excitement for another action packed week in the hub of my life - EDF Energy (corr, I think I really hid the sarcasm there, don't you agree?!?!) My excitement was cut short though by a rather evil stomach bug that left me with the sh............OK, you don't wanna know about this really do you?! Lets just say I felt awful and really not comfortable being at work so I ended up coming home at about 2.30pm on the Tuesday and not going back into work until the Monday. I basically spent the week splitting my time between bed/sofa/toilet! Delightful!

At the weekend I did make yet another trip to the garage in Newton Abbot due to the brakes on my car still not being right. I spent the morning mostly nursing a coffee and reading my book in Costa Coffee since N'Abbot can only entertain you so much. At lunch time, just before they shut, the garage rang with good news:- they had found the problem and it would be rectified at no extra cost to me. Unfortunately they had bad news too (suprise suprise right?):- the problem was they had fitted the wrong brake discs! No, I really wish I was joking! It turns out that when they had my car the first time they fitted break discs that were not ABS compatible. Idiots! So I had to get a bus home and I was in shock when I found that a single from N'Abbot centre to opposite my house was nearly £5, I can definately see why no one uses public transport unless they have to. O well, hopefully thats the end of it all now.

So that was October.............well the excitement is almost too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home