Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Birthday...

I am now well on my way to being old, its tragic really - I am closer to quarter of a century old than to 20 years! Eek! ;-) On the day in question we had a highly classy family birthday meal consisting of Sausage, Mash & Gravy followed by a slice (or two) of chocolate cake! Yummy!


Then John & I went to see THE film of the moment - The Devil Wears Prada with the wonderfully evil Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly, the most influential voice in fashion and Anne Hathaway as Andy Sachs, her not-so-keen-on-fashion Assistant. John really wasn't keen before hand but even he admitted it was funny! I on the other hand felt it was like catching a glimpse of what heaven may look like - all those clothes & bags & the SHOES!!! OMG! I really am a stick thin fashionista trapped inside a fat, badly dressed body! Anyways, a good night out and I am looking forward to the DVD!

I got some nice pressies to - mostly money (all much appreciated) along with a lovely wrap top & necklace from Clare, shoes (already posted about!) from Grandma, a black necklace to go with the posh frock I had borrowed for the work do (more about that in a bit) from Mum and quite a few books; 3 biographies - Gordon Ramsey's Humble Pie & Kim Woodburn's Unbeaten from Mum & Dad & Ronnie Corbett's And Its Goodnight From Him... along with the novel The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger from John. So thank you to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home