Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nice day...

I thought I had today all planned - up early to take my car down to a garage in Newton Abbot to have the brake discs & pads replaced while I had a wander around N'Abbot before I picked my car back up again then back to Exeter to go into town for a browse & an opticians appointment.

Well the day started as planned; I got up and got the car to the garage then set off to have a look around the shops. Then the day went a little askew! I got a phone call from the garage-man saying that the brakes needed more work than he had thought & could I get Dad to ring him to confirm stuff. So I had to get more credit to ring Dad so he could ring the garage before ringing me back to tell me that the calipers were FOS and better still, the parts wouldn't be in til Monday...Hmm so I am now stranded in Newton-bloody-Abbot with no car until Monday night at the earliest! I then had to walk out of N'Abbot to Matalan at Kingsteignton so that Mum & Dad could come collect me.

Once I got home I showered & changed & set off to the Park & Ride with Grandma to go into Exeter. We had to wait half an hour for a bus (ever 8-12 minutes my arse!) We had a quick look around the shops were a bit pressed for time with me needing to be back at Specsavers at 4.15 for my eye test. We went to Marks & Spencers for a coffee - very nice. I had my eye test & yes I needed a different perscription for my glasses so I choose two frames which were 2-4-1 due to me paying direct debit for my contact lens'. My glasses will be ready for me on Wednesday but I won't be able to pick them up til Saturday. Oh, and Grandma bought me my birthday present - yay!

When we got home from town, timed perfectly as it started to rain just as we got on the bus, I found the house empty since Mum & Dad were still down at Dawlish so I took the dogs up the field to get in three of the horses. Megan & Sputnik came in good as gold but Tally is a bolshy little shit! He pushes & pulls & just wants to get in NOW with no care that he's walking over you! Hmph, needs some manners me thinks!

And now, well I have spent the evening watching trash TV (X Factor!!!) and messing about on the Net. Ah, its a hard life!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home