Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

So busy but not with work!

I can't get over how much I've been doing and the fact that what I am doing is NOT working 24/7! Since starting at EDF and thus finishing at Shell I have been keeping myself busy. Sure, I've had a fair few lazy evenings crashed out watching TV but do you know just how great that feels when for nearly 2 years I have been working nearly every weekend & most evenings?!

On Sunday 22nd Dad & I were up early to head out to a field near Sidmouth for South Hams Motor Club's AutoX day. We had agreed to be marshals for the day. We were considered seasoned AutoX marshals which was worrying given that we have only ever marshaled at ONE other autoX...ever! So with that we were put in charge of the finish line...hmm, all a bit responsible we felt but we rose to the challenge and set off across the field armed with two folding chairs, waterproof coats and most importantly - snacks!! We got into an easy routine with Dad in charge of the 'Last Lap' board & me armed with the Checkered Flag. We were a bit concerned that counting laps might get a bit confusing given that they were starting 2 cars off the start line...shortly followed by two more 30 odd seconds later! So we had four cars on the track, often not very evenly matched so there was a couple of comedy moments when we were both stood there waiting for two cars to come round the final corner to flag wave at one & Final Lap the other!!

It seemed a long day but really they hammered through them with a 3 lap practice followed by the first round of 4 lap timed runs then lunch (where we as marshals got free grub from the Burger Van!) then after lunch there was another three rounds of 4 lap timed runs. Once all the cars had completed their four timed runs the organisers sorted out the placings and the results were announced. We then headed home and I don't know abot Dad but I was surprised to see it was only about 3.30pm. We were really lucky with the weather; there had been dodgy looking rain clouds hovering around the whole time threatening to ruin the day but other than it being a bit windy and cold the rain stayed away.

I was shattered when I got home (early start teamed with more fresh air then I've had in ages!) I spent the evening crashed out and happily fell asleep infront of a DVD - ideal evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home