Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

McFly!!! Brilliant!!!





On Tuesday night me & Courtenay went up to Birmingham to see McFly in concert (again!)

They did a really good set with a good mix of stuff from the first, second & new albums. They didn't sing their Queen cover but I'll get over it! They had a beach theme to the stage layout - their new album is called "Motion In The Ocean" They had surf boards, a beach bar (where they had a load of fans come & sit while they did a medley of first album songs - me & Courts weren't among them...GRRR!)

Danny had a new 'hairstyle'...hmm! He basically looked like he had had a shower then suddenly realised he was meant to be on stage & didn't have time to drench it in gel & make it straight & flat. He looked decidedly like Richard Fleeshman (Craig from Corination Street) He also looked a bit like a wet spanial but never mind!

Dougie was on fine form, talking random crap & jumping around like an idiot looking like he was having a great time. He brought up Poo once again (it seems to be a favourite subject of his - he was going on about 'Poop' last year!)

Last year Harry's drum kit raised up & spun (slowly) round. This year it came up & out over the audience on a big hydraulic ram whist he banged away and strobe lights flashed at him. All quite impressive I was slightly concerned for him as it was leaning forwards at a rather dodgy angle! Courts reckoned I'd have been lying flat on the floor hanging onto the ram since I hate hights! Harry is definately my favourite of the McFly guys...I know he's a bit young but seriously, I wouldn't say no!!

Tom reminds me more & more of a guy I know every time I see him. He had a rather snazzy blue piano that was wheeled out a couple times for...well,piano-y type moments! No offence to Tom but he's probably my least favourite of the four boys. I'm not sure why, he's quite sweet really but nope, just doesn't so it for me!

I really am a 13 year old trapped in a (nearly!) 23 year olds body!! The place was filled with little kids & teenagers with the only adults being parents of the aforementioned...and Me! I really do like them though, they're so cheesey and its good sing-a-long stuff.

And the absolutely classic moment of the concert - they sang the Ghostbuster theme tune! Brilliant!!

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

It's a shame that Dave broke up really, they were the best support ever!

23/9/06 10:41 am  
Blogger T-A said...

DAVE!!!!!! or Tommi (with an I not a Y!)

23/9/06 11:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never realised how much you liked them...(in my head im thinking 'oh dear'!!!)

23/9/06 11:24 pm  
Blogger John said...

Each to their own, I have to say I have moved on from that particular phase in my musical taste (somewhat!)

24/9/06 8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home