Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Job Interview No. Two

03.08.06 Got a letter from Robin this morning - I haven't got the job as manager at Kennford although he has given me a job as Yvonnes assistant at Countess Wear...nice. I'm not proud of it but I sat down & cried when I found out, I was just so confused. I really dont know why I didn't get it, there was no feedback in the letter. But - positive out look required since I have another interview this evening. I've applied to work in the Major Business Accounts Dept at EDF Energy. I finished off what needed doing at the garage and then went on full scale preperation for this evening!
I got myself a new outfit (a dress no less!!) got washed, dressed & preened and did a bit of research on the company. On arriving at the interview I nearly chickened out - there were 17 other people there! Minds were soon set at rest though when we were told that we weren't competing for roles - if we were all deemed successful we would ALL be taken on. The evening was split in two parts - first we went off for practical assessments involving an Excel exercise (Really crap - couldn't remember anything!) a letter writing exercise (that was OK - I write a good letter!) and a fake phone call (piece of piss!!) The second part of the evening was taken up with the actual interview. There were two people, taking turns asking questions & writing. The last part of the evening was a Group Discussion. I think I presented myself well in that - didn't talk too much, tried to include the quieter members of the group & was nominated by the group to present to the assessers at the end of the discussion!
All in all I think it was quite good. That said I thought the Shell thing was OK but I didnt get it but then again in all honestly I DONT WANT TO WORK AT SHELL!!! I want a life again! I nearly fell off my chair when they were telling us the hours today. Its a maximum of 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day between 8am-6pm with a possibility of having to do one Saturday in four. But get this - if you work a Saturday its a shorter day & they then give you a day off during the week to make up for it!! No evenings, no random phone calls, no Sundays, no Bank Holidays, no Christmas!
O PLEASE LET ME GET IT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home