Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, August 28, 2006

Bank Holiday Weekend

So its the Bank Holiday, the last public holiday til Christmas (How gay is that!?!) Anyways, I worked Saturday morning and two hours Sunday morning but had the rest of the day off.
I went out for Sunday lunch with Clare, John & John's cousins Adam & Troe. They have just moved over from Canada since Troe has a job in Poole and they are visiting with John for a few days before she starts work.
We went to
'The Jack In The Green' near Rockbeare. It was a gorgeous meal, a bit pricey but ideal for a speciaoccasionon whicyesterdayay was, what with it being Clare's Birthday+1 (!) and also our last meal out with the three of us all living in Devon. I had Roasted Plum Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with Vodka Creme Fraiche, followed by Battered King Prawns with Chilli and Mango Salad, all finished off with a totally yummy Raspberry Brulee. Yum Yum Yum!! After food we sat and talked and laughed for hours (no really - we arrived at 12.30 and left at nearly 4pm!!) Troe & Adam were really nice and we all just chatted away. As John was driving they dropped me home once we finally left the Jack and they all piled out the car to have a bounce on the trampoline!
Had to work this morning but only til half twelve then Yvonne & I went to lunch at the Beefeater across the road from the garage, very nice.
All in all not a bad Bank Holiday weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I comment! Had a brilliant time - the sticky toffee pud will be tough to beat!

28/8/06 5:27 pm  
Blogger the both of us said...

it was great getting to meet you , TA. And Clare too. We had quite a good time at the restaurant - and the trampoline. Plus now we know that John actually has friends.

2/9/06 11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheeky buggers!

2/9/06 5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home