Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Bit of an update....Work training!

I know, I know! I've been totally slack on the updating front but here I am to make it all right again!

I have FINALLY had my training week at work, between the 2nd & the 6th. What an anti climax that was I can tell you. We (me and 5 others who had all started on the same day - Shayne, Ian, Emma, Alex & Matt) all got crammed into a tiny room with Tara the Trainer. It was honestly like being back at school. First off she got us to draw 'shields' to show who were were with our name, hobbies, previous jobs & aspirations on it. We also played a LOT of games like The Name Game - you have a sticker with a name on it on your forehead & you ask Yes/No questions to guess who you are - The Letter Game - you have a list of ten headings like Boys Name, Girls Name, Town/City, Colour and then you get given a letter and you have 2 minutes to come up with something for each heading starting with that letter BUT it has to be unique within the group to enable you to score a point - Who's in the Bag? - you are split into teams & you have a bag with cards in it, on each card is a famous persons name & you have to describe them to your team for them to guess. We did cover some work related stuff - we spent nearly two days being shown how to use the Intranet (surely its basically the same as the Internet?!) We spent another two days covering HR policies (including us having to write down what we thought Equal Opportunities is!) We were briefly shown one of the company systems but we were shown the billing side of things - not one of us works in Billing so totally unhelpful.
Can you tell by the way i have gone into great detail about the games & not so on the work stuff that the only interesting part of the week was the games?! All in all a total waste of a week but there we go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home