Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, December 17, 2006

What a week....

After an enjoyable Bonfire Night it was back to work as normal...well, not quite as before since this week my hours changed from 9-5 to 8-4. Nothing drastic I know but nice to be home before 4.30, makes the day seem shorter if that makes sense. I also started a new car share with a girl called Claire who lives in Alphington. There is another lad meant to be joining us in a month or so and we are hoping that 3 of us car sharing will swing us a perminant carpark space at work.

John and I changed our regular cinematic plans by going to Picture House on the Tuesday evening rather than the Wednesday. As John was without car (his mum was using it!) I drove down to Teignmouth to pick him up. We went to see TransAmerica as part of Picture House Exeter's 10th birthday celebrations. I really enjoyed the film, I felt it had a good balance of comedy and drama. John wasn't so keen but not to worry! We also had a nice meal had Weatherspoons and then I dropped John home again and it was REALLY foggy, you could barely see 10 metres ahead of you. Not nice driving conditions.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!
On the Wednesday John joined me at the ripe old age of 23 and I went to his house after work for a meal with his family. We went to watch Monty Python's Life of Brian on DVD which John got as one of his birthday presents but for some reason (age?!) we were both shattered and fell asleep half way through! Oh dear! I drove home with some struggle and straight to bed. Ah the exciting life of a twenty something!
The rest of the week was pretty dull, I had the Friday off work and spent a lazy day doing not much. The weekend started off much the same but the Sunday was a bit more interesting...

Who You Gonna Call?! GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

John and I went to the Picture House Breakfast Club where they were showing the first Ghostbusters movie. We were really looking forward to it but it did not live up to expectations which was a shame given that we usually sing the praises of Picture House. They opened late (possibly due to being Rememberance Sunday but no explaination was given so who knows) then the service was slow, the atmosphere was dull and to top it all they played the film reels in the wrong order which whilst amusing was rather annoying. All in all not an experience I am in any rush to repeat.

So that was my week...for more detailed reports on the cinema head over to 'John & TA - Doing Stuff' Actually head over there anyway & feel free to comment! Not that I am hinting...more BEGGING!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

No really - PLEASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE COMMENT!

17/12/06 9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home