Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve...Just one more sleep!


Woo! Just one more sleep to go! I delivered my present down to John (and carried out an authorised robbery in his bedroom as he and his mother had bravely gone to Tesco's!) then I went home to get myself prepared for going out with Nat and Co.

Nat and her Dad picked me up at about 8.30 and we headed to Kellys so Nat could get ready as she had only just finished work. We had a couple drinks there then headed up to Butlers to meet up with Liz. It was looking likely to be a good, cheesey festive night out but I was mistaken.....


The plan was to go to Riva on the key as Nat's request so thats where we went only to find it closed! Hmm, great! So, taxi to Arena and no queue - we should've known it was too good to be true. We walked straight in, well almost. Me Kelly and Nat were fine however the bouncer outside was a picky little shit so decided that as Liz had Vans on he wasn't going to let her in since they are obviously trainers. Err, no, actually, they are not. The other bouncer basically agreed but the one outside decided he was not going to back down so once again we found ourselves still outside. Timepiece was put forward and dismissed, Rococo's was thrown into the mix but (thank God!) it was shut. Now Liz was more than happy to go to Timepiece which is way more her scene than any cheesey nightclub and a load of her friends were in there but Nat wanted us to stay together & I was to stupid to say that I was going to Arena regardless so we ended up in another bloody taxi back to the quay to Mambos.


What SHIT!


I haven't been in there since it closed and reopened but it appears I have not been missing any thing. Downstairs is totally closed. Warehouse floor has pole dancing poles & its usual clientel of 15 year old chavs and Boogies room was dead! There was at most, 30 people in there, the DJ was doing his best (and that wasnt great!) but he had no microphone so we didnt even know it was Christmas day til someone got their phone out. And most worrying was the fact that NO ONE was dancing. Not one person except us. Hence the pic of Nat; The Loner On The Dance Floor! Shite. Shite. SHITE! I was not impressed.


I left about one - half one as I couldnt put up with the boredom any longer and spent £15 getting a taxi home. It was nice seeing Nat, Kelly and Liz but the tension between Nat & Kelly, the pissing around trying to get in somewhere and the lack of atmosphere in the club really ruined it. Basically what a crappy Christmas Eve. Here's hoping New Years is better...no pressure!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

New Years shall be an amazing orgy of fun, drink, and... and... and a third thing - oooh gossip??? Maybe poker? Who knows!

(Urm... What exactly are we doing at New Years?????))

26/12/06 9:52 am  
Blogger John said...

Or laughter, yes, Fun, drink and laughter!

P.S. On the new Word Verification thing - why is there a disabled man symbol? And why when you click it does it speak numbers at you?

26/12/06 10:44 am  
Blogger T-A said...

Re what are we doing New Years - I have no idea!
Re what is the disabled symbol about - I have no idea!
Hope this helps!!
x

26/12/06 10:51 am  
Blogger John said...

Immensely! x

28/12/06 12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home