Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Thursday, December 28, 2006

So that was Christmas

So Christmas has been and gone again for another year.

After a not so great Christmas Eve the rest of the holiday wasn't so bad! Christmas day started quite late for me, about 10 - 10.30am. Grandma came up while we all opened our presents. We all got lots of nice things...

Courts got a personalised coat with her name & a showjumping horse on the front and 'Meera The Moose' on the back! She also got a saddle seat saver, smellies, hunting whip (which Dad felt the need to demonstrate in the living room - eek!) a paint your own Piggy Bank (!) and a load of other bits and pieces.

Mum got nice PJs from Dad (chosen all by himself which is suprising if you knew Dad, and bought with the assistance of Clare for her discount! Thank you Clare!) some nice clothes from Me as well as chocs, smellies, wine and stuff.

Dad was a pain to buy for - every time anyone asked him what he wanted he just said "A helicoptor!" Yea, helpful! Anyways I bought him a push along helicoptor from Early Learning Centre - not quite what he was hoping for but still! He also got Pirates of the Caribbean stuff since his lorry has been painted with Pirates...pictures, clothes & lots of chocolate stuff!

Now the most important person...ME!

My main pressie was my Pink IPod Nano - Thank You parental types! I also got clothes, shoes (coz I need more!) a shoe shaped money box, a caligraphy set and 4 dvds - The Muppets Christmas Carol, The Chronicles of Narnia, Lady & the Tramp and Ice Age 2:The Melt Down. All really grown up! All in all a good Christmas gift selection so my thanks to everyone.

My cousin, Tom, joined hundreds of other stupid people at Exmouth seafront and ran into the sea....insane!

We all had dinner down at Grandma & Grandad's; the classic starter of Prawn Cocktail, then full roast (Turkey and Pork) with all the trimmings followed by a choice of either Chocolate Gatauex (sp?!) Christmas Pudding or Trifle. All followed up with coffee and mince pies for those who still had room! I did NOT mince pie as I think they are the route of Christmas Evil - every year they smell like I should like them, every year I don't!

The rest of the day was spent in front of the TV and playing with my IPod. Nice day had by all...

Boxing Day we went out to Nannys for a bit then headed to Bill & Julies. Tyler was loving the Christmas vibe....well all the Christmas paper! We ate way too much (I think Julie thought she was feeding the 5000!) but it was all yummy and all finished off with Bread & Butter Pudding and cream........yum! So fattening but yum! After watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks we headed home to do the horses (mum & courts) and a snooze (me!) A perfect Boxing Day.

I had Wednesday off and bravely headed into town....ARGH! I love shopping but I hate sales! I saw stuff I liked but felt that as I plan to lose weight next year (whats new I hear you say!) I didnt buy anything clothes wise. In fact all I got was hair dye, shampoo associated stuff and Christmas wrapping paper for next year! Great sale shopping TA, great!

So, that was my Christmas. Not that exciting but I enjoyed it. Having to go back to work today sucked but shit happens! Plus its only today and tomorrow then off again til Tuesday so its all good!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to an exciting and prosperous New Year...we will be 'Winging It' in Teignmouth.....I'll explain all in good time!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

*Chuckles quietly*

29/12/06 9:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home