Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Its a tough life!

So not a lot more to report since last week, its a tough life this not working lark!
I have realised how much cheffing interferes with my reading - I used to get through an average of 2 or 3 books a week before I started at the Billy but since November I've read more like 3 books in total never mind each week! But in the last 10 days I have read 3 books - just like old days! All really good books - recommend them all.
Have done a couple more shifts at the garage for mum. Seems my going in has ruffled a few feathers with couple of the idiots she has working for her but do I care?! Nope! Its nice to think I'll be getting a bit of extra money at the end of the month. Although I'm really not looking forward to going back to work proper - think working a full week might kill me! I'm actually genuinely really REALLY not looking forward to going back to work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy cheffing but I find the hours are a total killer, never getting a night off to see your mates, being permanently knackered & getting crap pay in return. I really want to stay in cheffing but I would prefer to be somewhere without split shifts or better still no evenings at all. In fact I am truly giving serious thought to quitting & working full time for Mum - I'd get paid hourly so at least if you work a million hours a week your pay packet reflects it and no more (well very few) evenings so I'd get to see my mates again. Think I ought to go back to the Billy though and at least see what the new people are like, they might be wonderful & it all be loads better but I cant see it! I don't know what to do! Would appreciate some advice!

I went into Exeter on Friday and got my hair done - had it dyed darkish brown all over with a few caramel slices through the top then had a 'tidy-up' cut; just had my layers sorted out & a bit more shape around my face (so no fringe!) Looked really nice until I came out the coffee shop and got caught in a heavy rain shower then it looked like I'd been swimming! Met up with Nat and had a couple coffees while we discussed how ill we'd both felt on Sunday after our night out and how we were never drinking again...hmm...can't see it myself! We went to Torquay yesterday to go to Primark - classy shopping! Nat needed summery stuff since she's off to Egypt for a month on Saturday. Shes doing a Nile cruise, scuba driving in the Red Sea, WindSurfing, being somewhere hot...lucky cow! Hope she has a good time, hopefully will be out this week before she disappears although hopefully not getting as trashed as last weekend.
So that's it for the last week, not very exciting but that's life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home