Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Another week gone

I can’t believe it is already nearly the end of February; this year is going really quickly so far. Work is as rubbish as ever (especially since this week I had to do two days of 8am – 6pm to make up four hours that I owed for last week!

Tuesday the dress I bought on EBay at the weekend arrived (bargain – Monsoon dress, brand new with tags should have been £160 in the shop for £30 including postage!) Thing is it had a one too many tags…namely the SECURITY TAG! We got it off thankfully although it did tear the lining slightly (thankfully it was only on the lining and not on the actual dress itself) The girl I bought it off was really good though – she offered to send me down the shop receipt so I could get it removed if needs be but we managed - yay for strong magnets!

Wednesday John & I went to see ‘Venus’, the new Peter O’Toole movie at the Picture House. Its my turn to review the film on the joint blog but to be honest I am at a bit of a loss as to what to say about it…I shall give it some thought and then do my best.

Friday I had a really desire to go out so we tried to book a table at Waterfront but they were full so I went down to John’s and we went to the Pen Inn for food………hmm. I decided to have a steak (menu said Rib-eye but they were doing sirloin instead) I chose the steak mainly because a/ I haven’t had steak in AGES and b/ they offered it with Stilton Sauce which I LOVE. John settled, unadventurously, on a jacket potato with Chilli Beans (after telling me off because I was thinking of having sausage and mash and I could have that at home!) I went to order & was told firstly – no stilton sauce (grr) and then no chilli! I stuck with steak but had a pepper sauce and John ended up with Tuna Mayo jacket potato. The food arrived quickly enough and was well cooked. The salad was tasteless but the steak was nice. We then foolishly ordered dessert. This is where the evening really went a bit wrong. I had a summer pudding (which I know I was stupid given that it’s February!) but you can get some nice pre-prepared stuff so I thought it would be ok. It arrived surrounded with pouring cream rather than send the cream on the side which seemed odd and you had no choice as to if you had a mouthful with cream or without. The pudding itself was so sharp and the texture was like soggy cardboard. Really pleasant….not! John had profiteroles with ice-cream & choc toffee sauce. The choux tasted stale since it appeared the ice-cream had been piped in and then they were all kept in the freezer and the sauce tasted really sickly with a cocoa aftertaste – nice! Needless to say I won’t be rushing back there for another meal! Oh, and before we left I nipped to the loo (now I realise that is not a good start to a sentence but trust me – its funny!) I walked into the cubicle and turned round to shut the door…only I couldn’t. There was no room! I had to climb over the toilet to create (just) enough room for the door to swing shut. Then the bolt wouldn’t slide across. I tried leaning against the door and wiggling the bolt and then I thought it went in but as soon as I turned round the door popped open again. I decided that, to be honest, I really wasn’t that desperate so would just leave. Except I couldn’t get out! I had to stand with one leg either side of the toilet bowl, open the door and then swing my right leg over the toilet to escape! What a bloody fiasco! God knows how you’d cope if you were old or hugely fat…thankfully we got back to Johns in good time where I was allowed to make use his (roomy) bathroom – thank you John!

I had quite a busy weekend which makes a nice change. I went into town Saturday morning with the intention of getting some shoes to match my EBay/Monsoon dress and to try of a pair of smart, long shorts to see if they looked totally ridiculous or not. I ended up being in town from 10 until gone 3 and bought loads! I got two pairs of shoes that could go with the dress, a pair of knee length shorts in next (they looked ok in my humble opinion and when it comes to what I am wearing my opinion is the only one that counts!), 2 pairs of VERY black tights (to go with shorts) 3 t-shits, a nice top, a pair of jeans, Devil Wears Prada DVD…think that’s it! I was knackered when I eventually got home so went for a long soak in the bath and then I had to rouse myself to get ready to go out with Nat & Kelly. My new shorts and nice top got their first outing. We had a really good night but I drank too much (we were on wine & lots of it!) and there are various bits of the night that are a bit hazy and some bits that have gone altogether (I don’t remember leaving the club!) I did however make it to the Chinese on the way home which was yummy and I think played a part in me NOT throwing up Sunday morning!

I did however wake up at 8am with one hell of a headache and a really dry mouth. I made it downstairs to get drugs, a glass of water & a mug of tea before crawling back into bed where I stayed (albeit) until I got up at 2pm. Even then I only got up because I had to get ready to go out at 3pm! I managed to shower and dress and get downstairs with time to eat the rest of my Chinese from out the fridge (I was sensible enough to only put some on a plate and the rest in the fridge in my drunken state at 2 in the morning!!) before we went to watch Holiday On Ice – Fantasy. Work had an offer on that we could get £23 tickets for £12 each with no booking fee so I got 4 tickets and me, mum, Courts & Rach went. It was really good. The costumes were stunning, there was good music and it was a great show. It was all based around dreams and daydreams. One of my favourite bits was a 60s related daydream but that was mostly because they danced to The Locomotion! The fire ritual was really impressive with dark characters, gothic angel types, a guy who I assume represented the devil (since he was totally red) and a skater in a jester outfit including freaky mask who did tricks with flaming sticks and poi whist skating and it all climaxed with a girl being spun over the head of her male partner inside a ring of flames on the ice. There were also acrobatic performances with two men and one woman doing tricks with ribbons, ropes & a hoop all suspended from the ceiling which were cool. The finale of the show culminated in the skaters ‘becoming the music’ as they dressed as instruments, musical notes and conductors then all the lights went off and their costumes lit up, banner things came down from the ceiling and there were fireworks – very impressive.




I watched Devil Wears Prada when I got home then headed to bed for an early night. So I had a busy but really good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home