Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Improving myself as a person!

Today I had a half day at work – I didn’t start until about midday. I had a meeting arranged for the morning with a girl called Kristy from Business in the Community. She was setting me up to take part in a volunteering scheme called Right to Read where you listen to children read. You give up an hour of your time each week and spend 15 minutes each with four children, listening to them read and helping them if they need it. Kristy introduced me to the headmaster at a local school where they are looking for extra volunteers. It seems like a really good scheme. I just need to wait for my CRB check to come back before I can start.

Since I had some extra time after my meeting I settled myself in the restaurant at work and made some serious headway towards finishing me re-read of Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix.

We had a team meeting at work this afternoon and I basically put my hands up and said I haven’t got a clue what I am doing. Hopefully this will be a step forward to getting things sorted.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

You are brave taking on small people - especially primary school people - sometimes they wet themselves you know!

19/2/07 4:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home