Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Kylie Showgirl Homecoming Tour



Tonight I should have been in Manchester for the Kylie Minogue concert but I decided just after Christmas that I really couldn't afford to travel up there for just one night especially since I had two tickets and only me going. So I decided, with a deep sense of regret and "Should I be doing this?!", I my pair of tickets on to Ebay. They sold for £100 + p&p so I got my money back. I was pleased they sold but at the same time kind of wished that they hadn't as then I would have gone!

I felt a bit better when I saw that the concert from Melbourne was being shown on Channel 4 on the very night I should have been seeing Kylie so at least I could see what I was missing. Not as good as live admittedly but seriously cheaper and more comfortable!

However just before the TV show started I had a missed call from John. I assumed he was just ringing to remind me to watch since I tend to forget and then miss the beginning of things! I rang him back only to find that it was a good thing I had not travelled the long distance to Manchester since part way in to the live set Kylie had to pull out of the show half way through! Well, obviously Yay for me for not being £100's out of pocket but still Poor Kylie. Her manager has stated flu as the reason for her stopping the show which I can well imagine since there's a lot of it about at the minute. I do worry though; Kylie herself had said that she had changed things around so the tour would hopefully be less draining physically but having just seen her dancing around in full showgirl getup on the TV you have to question if she is doing too much too fast?

The costumes were no less impressive this time around. The infamous blue corset and headdress of '05 has been replaced with an equally stunning iridescent pink bodice with trailing feathers and matching headdress. There's kinky thigh high boots, beautiful ballgowns, disco-diva silver wigs and sex-kitten (literally - there were little furry ears!) body suits. Her dancers were clad in, well, very little for the most part!! Gorgeous guys writhing around on stage while beautiful woman with showgirl wings strut their stuff complimented Kylies hot image. I was a little upset by her strange performance of Locomotion (my favourite 'old skool' Kylie song!) but then I was expecting it since she sexed it up in 2005 when Me, Clare, John & Hev went to see her in Birmingham!

Kylie always puts on a show - she's not just a woman stood on stage with a mic and her voice. She's about all that and a whole lot more. The costumes were amazing, the dancers were amazing, the lighting was amazing, the whole show was just AMAZING. I wish I had been there for witness the atmosphere but I can image...





Get well soon Kylie.



4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

She has rescheduled!

15/1/07 7:24 pm  
Blogger T-A said...

Not the one she walked out on, well not as far as I have heard. Only the two she cancelled outright. Not been offered compensation either! I think I may write to Ticketmaster...try my luck...!

16/1/07 7:59 pm  
Blogger John said...

lol - may I suggest a well known phrase, jumbled.

gear arse your get into... and BLOG!

3/2/07 9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you going to update this bloomin page? We had a whole weekend of excitment that people dont know about!!

12/2/07 10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home