Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tiring weekend

Well that was a packed couple of days.

Friday was Comic Relief and I was in work 15 mins early to decorate our teams pods to make us look like we were at least taking part! We had helium balloons - a big red star on the centre of each pod with 1 white comic relief branded balloon & 1 red shiny balloon on each corner of each pod - it looked grand! Admittedly downstairs looked even better (it was described as looking like “comic relief through up down here!”) since they had balloons on sticks in the centre of each pod and bunting & everyone either dressed up or at least wearing their Comic Relief T-Shirts. Oh and they also had a cake sale which is ALWAYS good! After work a few of us headed over to the Barn Owl pub for a quick drink before we came back to the office to help man the phones (as willing volunteers) for the phone in pledges throughout the evening. It was a really good atmosphere with food and drinks provided throughout the evening and TVs dotted around showing the footage from the studio. John came in at about 8ish to help out and we worked through til midnight when our call centre closed for the night. It was a cool night and I’ll definitely volunteer again if the chance comes up.

Yesterday it was up early to go help Dad set up for the Rally of the Moors. We had 50+ boards to put out and 110 miles to drive which was fun fun fun! I drove Dads truck and Dad map read, without throwing up (albeit only just!) I hate driving Dads truck – its so big and really rocks around but I managed so I spose its all fine! We had a bit of a snooze in the evening and then it was off up to the Exeter Court Hotel ready to spend the night marshalling. Mum, Courts & Rach were signed up to start them off from the hotel while me, Dad and James (the chav who is STILL living with us) set off into the night to marshal a couple posts. The weather was totally sucky with torrential rain & blowing a gale but never mind, its always a good night. We had to go and rescue Simon & Rich out of a ford since they were working off the old route (which is good of Bob to have told course closing that he had changed the routing!) and they started to go into the ford before Simon decided it was too steep, too deep & too fast but then couldn’t reverse out! Luckily we weren’t far away and raced off to tow them out. We had to come home via Sourton Cross too to pick up stakes & then home for a couple hours sleep before going back up to the hotel for the complimentary breakfast (which, I will say, was NOTHING compared to the breakie we got on the Enduro weekend at Novatel!)

Anways, that brings us to now, I slept from about 10 til 3 but I’m up again now.
Oh and – Happy Mothers Day! I will be taking Mum out at a time convenient to all for a meal at a restaurant of her choice in the near future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home