Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

About time too

I have finally got around to starting my training for Race for Life!
I was up reasonably early today and after taking the dogs over the field and rescuing Courtenays dumb horse from the fence I walked home really pissed off at the state of my trainers (lots of rain + field = lots of mud) I decided I ought to vent my pissed off-ness. As it really is a little early in the day to get drunk I got changed into sporty looking stuff and marched off up the road instead! I power walked to the motorway bridge and back with is about 2kms and it took me roughly 15 minutes so that's all good. I didn't dawdle along, I really marched. It was more like hard work on the way back as the anger had dissipated so I had to make myself march rather than stroll! I am planning to do the same thing on Friday then again on Sunday; every other day is my plan as you may have worked out! I am then planning to attempt to run (yes that's right RUN!!!) Not all the way - don't want to frighten myself - I plan to walk to the top of the hill then run 1 minute / walk 1 minute to the bridge and back to the top of the hill then walk back to home. I have 14 weeks until the actual day and I would love to be able to run the whole thing so fingers crossed.
This development into actually pulling my finger out and doing some training does mean I expect the sponsorship to start rolling in now hint hint!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home