Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Yet Another Busy One!

Having a life is tiring I’ll have you know!

The past three days have been proper busy…well except yesterday but that is not the point!

Friday was our fundraiser day at work in aid of Cancer Research UK. It kept me busy all day long what with being in work for 7am and not leaving until 4.20pm I was really kinda shattered by the end of it all. However it was all for a good cause so I let that go. We had arranged a “Think Pink” dress down day so I was in so early to set up and then be ready to collect donations on the door from 7.30 as people arrived. We then had a cake sale and “Guess the Name of the Teddy” competition (she ended up being called Martha!) which basically took the rest of the day to finish off. I had help from a few of the other girls in the office and between us we collected over £600 for Cancer Research.

Friday evening Mike & I went down to Exmouth with Nat, Kelly & Will for Kelly’s 27th birthday. Lets just say Exmouth failed to deliver on the amazing night out front! In fact at half 12 we decided to go back to Exeter to go to Riva! One (rather quick!) drive back to Exeter later and we all headed into Riva which sadly was also crap! Grr! We decided that it is what you make it though so we hassled the DJ, danced and had a laugh. It turned into a cool night out and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Oh, and today is exactly one month since Mike & I met :-D He is THE most amazing guy I have ever had the pleasure to meet and I am so SO happy that I am with him. Long may it continue!!

Given that we didn’t get to sleep til well gone 4 in the morning Saturday was basically a write-off of laziness! We talked crap, slept, talked some more crap and generally had a great, lazy Saturday! In the evening we did eventually venture outside, to the Vue to see the new Transformers movie. I didn’t mind it – there were cars (I like cars!) they turned into stuff (that’s pretty cool!) they blew stuff up (I’m all about the blowing stuff up!) all tied up with a few neat one liners and a cute guy in an army uniform. What more do you need from a film?! Accuracy apparently according to Mike! It was a bit like me with the HPV movie – he didn’t like the discrepancies and therefore didn’t like the movie! Oh well!

Today though has been a far from lazy day. Today was the Race for Life at Westpoint. Me, Mum, Courts & 8 other girls from work were taking part so we have been out there most of the day. We arrived at just gone 9, had our faces painted (just little hearts on our cheeks!) got balloons and took part in the mass warm-up before completing the 5km course in 50 minutes exactly. Just like last year, the atmosphere was amazing and I really enjoyed it. We raised a stupendous amount of money for Cancer Research too so all in all a thoroughly successful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home