Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy weekend, very little sleep!

Well, it’s over. I have waited over two years (2 years and 5 days in fact!!) for the final instalment in the Harry Potter series and now it is all over. :’(

On Friday night I had an evening out with Mike & two of his mates, Nick & Tom, for Mike’s birthday. We went to Harry’s for dinner which was really nice and then we went to The Ship for a couple of drinks. I was kinda nervous about the night, in part because of the agonising pain I had been in all week but mostly because I am always nervous about meeting people and then we were going out for food too and eating in front of people freaks me out! But I needn’t have worried. His mates were nice and it was a cool evening, really easy and no pressure. The whole night got SO much better though…

At about 11.30 (after managing to maintain my excitement quite well I felt!) we made our way to Waterstones to join the queue for the most hotly anticipated book of 2007! The guys were really good to wait with me, I thought they were likely to disappear off back to the pub but they didn’t and we queued up with me getting more and more excited! I finally had my prized possession, my copy of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows in my little mit by 12.20 and we were on our way back to Oke…quickly!

I read for about an hour until I just had to give into sleep (getting no sleep Thursday night due to agony = no sleep meant staying awake all night didn’t happen!) I was awake again at 6.30 though and reading reading reading! I basically read all day and I loved it! Needless to say I managed to get it finished before the weekend was out! I won’t go into details (although I am thinking everyone has read it by now!) but I loved it! Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t a perfect round up to the series but it is a good book all the same. Was a bit slow moving in the middle and I am not 100% sure about the final bit but there we go, it’s how JK Rowling chose to finish it so so be it. I personally feel there is definitely room a book 8 but I am thinking I may left wanting ☹ Oh well! Yay for HP! Need to re-read it now though since I read it so quickly I think I missed bits! I’ll leave that a while though me thinks.

Saturday night was taken up with marshalling in the Devon countryside for Exmouth Motor Clubs rally which started from Kennford. Me & Dad were out all night but, other than me nearly falling in a ditch (just for a change!) and it being a bit cold at times it was a good night. The rain held off and we were kept busy before heading back to the hotel in the morning for breakfast then home to bed! Mike & Nick came 4th and Graham & Roger won so not a bad night. I grabbed a few hours sleep on Sunday morning and went down to see Mike in the evening.

Today it has rained…lots! Me, Courts, Julie, Rach & Little Man went to Paignton Zoo for the day and we got soaked. It was a real shame as it just didn’t ease up until the second we walked back to the car. Oh well, we had a good day anyway, saw the animals, had a picnic and Little Man seemed to enjoy himself.

Now it’s all about getting warm and getting some sleep me thinks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home