Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Summer Is Here!

I LOVE THE SUMMER! Woo! The last week has been gorgeous and I have actually had a bit of a chance to get outside and enjoy it which is even better.

Grandma & I have been going out for walks in the evening which I have really enjoyed. I tend to march along which I think Grandma was a bit surprised by but I am not going out just for the sake of going for a walk, I want to lose some weight and get a bit fitter. Apart from the fact that it is making my hayfever play up it’s a really nice way to kill an hour each evening.

On Thursday I had the day off work and was up super-early to leave home at 6.30 with Mum, Dad, Bill, Julie & Little Man to go to Royal Cornwall Show. I have never been to Royal Cornwall before. I usually go to Devon County but couldn’t this year as I was in Salisbury visiting Clare so I thought as Mum & Dad were planning on going I would go with them. I’m really glad I did. It’s a lovely show.
We got to the showground after a little bit of time in traffic but nothing major and the first thing I saw, while we were sat in the traffic in fact, was a massive hot air balloon…with EDF Energy all over it!! Typical! Once we were in the show we had a bit of a wander around and then headed to the DAF stand for coffee before more looking around the trade stands (where Mum & Julie bought many tops!) We then positioned ourselves beside one of the horse rings to watch the showing and wait for Cathy Jane. It was such gorgeous weather too but I was not really dressed for it. I was planning on wearing more summery clothes but thought I might be tempting fate so I wore jeans & a t-shirt but I was SO hot. I ended up going and buying a pair of shorts, another t-shirt & a hat (I LOVE the hat!) Lunch consisted of a gorgeous roll from the hog roast & a pint of Guinness Extra Cold!! Ideal!
We ended up leaving the show at about 6pm after a really great day and when we got home Mum gave me a present – she had bought me a bracelet I had seen & liked but decided against buying! It’s really nice – thanks Mum!

Friday evening and Saturday were spent doing highly important summer stuff…basically lying by/in the pool!! The weather was so gorgeous on Friday when I got home from work that I decided against going out for a walk and went down by the pool for a while instead…hmm, a while turned into all evening! Spent some time sunbathing, some time floating round on a lilo, some time playing catch with a beach ball (and Courts – I wasn’t just throwing it to myself!) and plenty of time just enjoying the great weather.

Saturday was pretty much a carbon copy of Friday evening to be honest! Well, I did get up and go for a walk on my own first thing in the morning but then the rest of the day was spent mostly by the pool in the sun! Ideal! I have to admit I am a little red but fingers crossed for the red bits going brown rather than their usual trick of Red to Pink to Peeling to back to being white ☹!

Today has been the South Hams Motor Club autocross which was cool. Me & Dad went to marshal as always and had the idiot boy in tow (and trust me, he really is an idiot!) It was quite a long day but the weather was lovely again (and again I was wearing jeans and regretting it – ended up rolling them up!) Took lots of photos and enjoyed being out in the sun again.

I have to say I really do love the summer. The nice weather makes me so much happier and I can’t help but smile & want to be outside. I hope it stays nice for the rest of the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home