Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Monday, May 07, 2007

Long weekend!

Had quite a cool week this week – work has sucked but what’s new but outside of work, all good.

I went out with Gareth on Tuesday night for a meal. We met in town and then walked up to Harry’s in Longbrook Street. Had a really nice meal but I think I probably pissed him off since I was a bit cranky and he really annoyed me when we first met up as his phone went off and he answered it (which on its own isn’t a major crime!) but he then proceeded to have a conversation with his mate about cars…nice. That’s great manners there! Anyway the evening improved and I think we had a good night.

Wednesday saw me and John at another Orange Wednesday cinema visit. This time it was to watch ‘The Lives of Others’ which is the film the beat Pan’s Labyrinth to the ‘Best Foreign Language Oscar’ spot. We went primarily to see what made it better than Pan’s and, truth be told, we’re still not really sure! It was a good film; based in East Berlin after the end of WW2 it follows one surveillance man and the couple he is tailing. It was a bit slow moving in places and not one I will be making an effort to watch again but still good. Not as good as Pan’s though! I went to the cinema again Thursday night but this time in Plymouth with Gareth to see Fracture, the new Anthony Hopkins movie. Another good film with a good cast and a nice twist at the end.

Thursday we had a new arrival in the Howard Family. No not another chav child (thank god!) but Maggie May, one of our horses, FINALLY had her foal! She was born at 2.12am under the full moon and she is beautiful! Currently without name although we are thinking along the lines of May Moon (it’s May, there was a full moon – see how we were thinking there?!) Think she’s gonna be an ideal way to waste time since we can just sit and watch her run around!


Friday didn’t really go to plan though…I was meant to be going away for a couple nights but that’s not happening now. Gareth has decided he just wants to be friends (story of my life) which, although I wish it was different, isn’t the end of the world I suppose. We haven’t known each other very long so life goes on and you can never have too many mates! Anyway it freed me up to go out and play with my friends! I went out Saturday with Carla and her mate Rachael which was cool, we laughed so much, it was like old times. I really enjoyed it. Yesterday and today have been a mix of cars, laziness and BBQs which has been cool – best way to spend a Bank Holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home