Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Had a brilliant weekend a’visiting!

This weekend has been brilliant!

John and I drove up to Clare’s straight after I finished work on Friday (well I drove, John left his car at my house) We arrived at Clare’s with perfect timing as she drove in and parked just after we got out of the car.

Friday night consisted of a trip to Waitrose to buy Pizza & Pudding (all of which was yummy!) then chatting, eating, drinking, laughing, more chatting – good night was had by all basically!

Saturday John and I were both awake by just gone 8am for some reason but as we were both sleeping on air beds in the living room we chatted for a bit then turned on the TV before Clare eventually surfaced and we went into Salisbury town for some site seeing, photo taking , DVD renting, general mooching and CAKE! We took John to the chocolate shop (
http://www.chocolatesandpatisserie.com/) for brunch type thing! Clare and I, having learnt our lesson last time, had homemade lemonade (with a scoop of lemon sorbet) then Clare had scones with clotted cream & jam and I had a small (but WAY rich) chocolate ganache tart. John however was drawn by the sight of the Black Forest Gateaux…foolish foolish boy! It was slab like, totally gorgeous but slab like! Needless to say he didn’t eat it all and then felt ill! After cake we went around to the cathedral for some photo moments (which lead to much hilarity involving a giant Vice Versas and then me & Clare on a bench – don’t ask!) We decided to make our way back to Clare’s flat, via Blockbuster to get some DVDs (since I forgot to take Last King Of Scotland up!) since the weather wasn’t great – quite cold and very windy – and looked like it was going to get worse. We certainly made the right decision since just as we were leaving the town it started to rain and as we came round the corner to Clare’s it tipped down! Nice! It was fine though, we got dried off, put food in the oven (yummy nibbly things) and settled down to watch The History Boys (one of mine & John’s top 5 films for last year) I must admit I did doze through some of it but never mind eh?!

We had to make another trip to Waitrose for dinner related foodstuffs (pasta followed by hot chocolate brownie goo cake!) then, after dinner and a few drinks we played Cranium – me & John against Clare & Dave. There was more drinking accompanying the playing and much laughter and unfortunately (very unfortunately in fact for Dave!) some drinking and laughter at the same time resulting in drink being projected with much force out of the mouth & nose of the person concerned and all over the table, the Cranium board and Dave!! (Ok, the person spitting on Clare’s boyfriend was me but in my defence Clare had been told NUMEROUS times NOT to talk when I was drinking!) Anyways…after a swift change by Dave and a wipe up by John we continued the game with John & I emerging victorious although to be honest I think the scoring was a bit off since we just wanted the game to last longer!

The night then got messy, sorry messier when we decided to take photos…outside…at 12.30 at night! Yup, Clare’s neighbours now hate her! We were rolling around on the floor, making friends with the brass ducks and jumping off rocks all causing much hilarity. Photo evidence on MySpace/Facebook!

We eventually got to sleep at some God-Awful hour of the morning only to wake up at 8am AGAIN! Due to the pain I was in (knee due to rock jumping, side due to rolling on the floor & head due to vodka!) I decided the best course of action was to get up and have a shower…then lie on the sofa watching the Hollyoaks omnibus! I was joined on the sofa by John and eventually Clare where we discussed the need for hangover food. We gallantly made our way to Burger King (!) then on to the cathedral green type area where we sat in the sun, ate hangover food then lounged around for a bit enjoying being outside and warm! We tootled back to Clare’s to watch Sideways but it wasn’t really a great film in my book (not that either John or I saw a lot of it since we both went to sleep!) but Clare enjoyed it so that’s fine. John and I made our way home from Clare’s about half four and, except for the other idiots on the road, the drive home was fine.

I had a totally awesome time with Clare and John & me all together again. Its going to be really weird thinking of John so far away in a couple of weeks but I wish him well & I know we’ll be in touch – I’m going up to see him in August – so it’s not too bad. Its just that since he moved home from uni I have got used to him being just down the road & to us meeting up every week. I mean, who am I going to Orange Wednesday with now?! O well, I will just have to deal with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw - it was a really good weekend wasnt it? Sorry i havent commented earlier - i havent been tinterneting properly recently. I fully intend to put the photos of the three of us up today! (Also - just re-reading harry p 5 then 6 in preparation for 7!) soo excited! xxx

11/6/07 12:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home