Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Busy old weekend

I have had a crammed but good weekend! Friday I had an early finish from work to give me time to prep some things for Saturday, get to the post office & generally kick back. Saturday was BUSY!

There was a memorial service at Teign School for Mr Ramps then I had to draw 2 nearly-naked bodies! Yes that is what I said! One guy (in Calvin Kleins) and one woman (in a bikini) on flip chart sized paper. I then had to make a penis & a pair of boobs!! All the reasons for this will become clear shortly!
At 4pm I made my way down to the Double Locks to meet up with Gem & Chris from work for their ‘Hag Do’. This would be their joint Hen/Stag do! This would also be the reason behind me drawing random partly dressed people & body parts – pin the body part on the person! After a few drinks I felt like I had caught up with the rest of the group who mostly had been drinking for some time at bowling already. The atmosphere was great, the weather held out, we played rounders and chatted and laughed and ate before I got picked up at 8ish to disappear off to the Plymouth Rally.

Now I was slightly worse for wear by the time me & Dad arrived at Launceston Rugby club but I was in good spirits until we found that we had been given two measly PCs…the first one not until 1 in the morning. NOT happy. We had rang the guy organising the marshals and told him that yes, we were coming, we were going to be a bit late (9pm) but we would DEFNINATELY be there and wanted to be kept busy as I was giving up a night out, Dad was having to work the next morning and we were driving some distance just to marshal. So to be given just two PCs really took the proverbial. But as we were there already we decided to just go with it. As it was so long til our first control and we were in the rugby club and I was already drunk I decided best to carry on as I had started and had another pint! We spent some time chatting with Alan & his family before heading out to our first control and catching some sleep before course opening car…yea, bad idea. Drink + Stop Drinking + Sleep = Feeling Rough! I made it through the first control OK though and then we relocated to our second control. Hmm, closest I have ever come to throwing up whilst reading a map in the car! I felt beyond awful at the second control but I made it, I wasn’t sick and we were finished! Dad dropped me home and I was tucked up in bed by 5am with the remnants of my hangover while Dad went on to work. Can’t say that I was overly impressed with the general running of the rally, not from a marshals perspective and from what I have heard from competitors it was nearly as good on their side!

I have spent today snoozing on and off, wrote in my journal and played on the laptop so an ideal Sunday really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home