Me, moving forward...

So this is all about me! 2006 is my year, the year I'm gonna move forward from my problems & the rut I'm been stuck in. I got some stuff to sort out & some ambitions I wanna make happen. Hope you can join me for the ride...

Friday, March 31, 2006

Exeter Food & Drink Festival

I went with my Nan to the Food & Drink Festival in Exeter Northenay gardens today. We met up with Nan's sister, her daughter & daughters other half. Apart from the rain it was a really good day out. I managed to catch some of Michael Caines cookery demonstration (its weird watching him cook - he only has one arm!) My head chef, Spencer, did his training at Gidleigh Park with Michael Caines and then worked for him at the Royal Clarence. So its all his fault that Spencer expects so much from us! There were loads of lovely food stalls all selling lovely looking things and most of them had free tasters - yummy! I picked up a couple bits and lots of inspiration. Saw loads of things I'd have loved to have bought but all a bit expensive. I also had a 'floaty' moment when Matt (a guy who used to chef at the Billy & was at the festival doing demonstrations for Exeter College) introduced me to Michael Caines as "Spencers prodigy"! I was so chuffed when he said that Spencer was really pleased that I was staying on and Michael said that he must really think something of me to leave me running the Pastry. A mega confidence boost I can tell you (although the pressure is now on to love up this!)
Last night I went out for a meal with Nat, Kelly, their dad & their grandad to say "Have a good time in Egypt" to Nat since she's off tomorrow. We went to the Hotel Barcelona and the food was lovely - I had a Spring Vegetable Risotto with Fresh Seared Scallops (SO yummy!) then 1/2 a Vanilla Creme Brulee & 1/2 a White Chocolate & Vodka Mousse (me & Nat couldn't decide on desserts so we split half & half!) The brulee was nicest but the whole meal was really nice. Even better when you consider Nats dad paid! We then went on to Riva, a new bar thats opened on the Quay where Hothouse used to be...hmm, well the idea is there but the execution is off! It looks really good inside but they're moto is "Urban Chic By The River" and I don't think Exeter is ready for Urban Chic in Hothouse!! Its ridiculously expensive & a bit poncey so cant imagine I'll be rushing back, think I'll stick to Boogies - Urban Cheese By The River - LOL !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home